Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A New Book - - - To Me

This afternoon I checked out a new book on Hebrews from the Baylor library which I had never heard of before:

Hong Pal Ha, Heb 1:2-3, The Threefold Characterization of the Person of Christ as Prerequisite for the Fulfillment of a Complete Atonement. Korean Sahmyook University Monographs Doctoral Dissertation Series, Volume 4. Seoul, Korea: Institute for Theological Research, 1996.

The blurb on the front flap says that the author is (was?) Professor of New Testament studies at the Adventist International Institute of Advanced Studies, Silang, Cavite, the Republic of the Philippines. His dissertation was completed at the same institution. The blurb on the back flap is in Korean (I am a little rusty in that language).

Granted that the dissertation was completed and published in Asia, I am still surprised that I had never encountered this book before, considering it was published 13 years ago. I usually try to stay current on what is being published on Hebrews.

No comments:

Post a Comment