Wednesday, December 9, 2015

My newest acquisition

I was pleased to get the following book in the mail:

Paolo Garuti. Alle origini dell'omiletica cristiana: La lettera agli Ebrei. Jerusalem: Franciscan Printing Press, 1995.












I have been looking for this book for some time and managed to find a used copy in excellent condition for a fairly decent price. It engages in one of the most detailed treatments of the rhetoric of Hebrews. However, I don't agree with his conclusion that there are redactional layers in Hebrews.

1 comment:

  1. Good book, Brian! Garuti has very good articles and publications in French and Italian. I do agree about his conclusion. In this book he speaks about 3 layers of redaction. In my Catalan book, I argue two layers that clarifies the debate of supersesionism of Hebrews.
    jordi

    ReplyDelete