Monday, October 24, 2016

New Exodus in Hebrews

I just received the following book for review:

Bong-chur Shin. New Exodus in Hebrews. Apostolos New Testament Studies. London: Apostolos Publishing, 2016.

Amazon only has a kindle version available, but the book is available for purchase directly from Apostolos Publishing in hardcover or softcover form.

Abstract:
"For many readers the Epistle to the Hebrews is among the most difficult books of the New Testament. Korean scholar Bong-chur Shin’s work provides a welcome insight into interpretive issues for biblical scholars and serious students. The book provides an exegetical framework which helps readers navigate the meaning of the text, by examining the epistle in the light of the New Testament’s ‘New Exodus’ imagery.

By discussing the underlying themes of corporate deliverance, Christ as a royal priest who (by means of his redeeming sacrifice) leads his people out of exile and provides for them during their pilgrimage journey, the author provides an interpretative key which helps unlock a fuller understanding of the epistle in its original context."


4 comments:

  1. Yes, I plan to review it on my blog. I have other books in the queue before this one, but I hope to get to them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering since I am doing the carnival this month and wondered if it will be done before the 31st - but no worries either way. I have lots in the carnival already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, but I should have another book up for review soon. I just finished reading it and have to finish the write up on it.

    ReplyDelete