Thursday, March 26, 2009

Hebrews and Eternal Security

I received an invitation yesterday from a Mr. Kevaughn Matthis from Trinidad, West Indies, to write a paper on Hebrews for his online journal on the perseverance of the saints, called Testamentum Imperium. I have never heard of this journal before, so I don't know if it worthwhile to write for it. He has gathered quite a group of international scholars, pastors etc. to write for it, but I only recognize a few names.

I did want to note, however, that a number of the articles deal with the Book of Hebrews:

Ron J. Bigalke, "Hebrews 7 and the Security of the Believer (Oath and Priesthood)."

Timothy J. Finney, "Hebrews 10.11-14 and the Security of the Believer."

Eric L. Peterman, "An Anchor for the Soul - Hebrews 6:13-20."

Two articles that are ready to be published this year are:

James Carlson, "The Irrevocable Nature of Salvation in Hebrews"

David M. Allen, "The Irrevocable Nature of Salvation: Evidences from the Book of Hebrews."

These articles will posted in volume 2.

I would be interested to know what you think about this site.

Update: I have decided to turn down the invitation to write for this journal. I do not think its academic reputation has been sufficiently established in the guild, and the fact that it has the explicit intention of supporting one doctrine, the perseverance of the saints--a doctrine I reject--makes its academic rigor suspect, and would not be well-regarded by the guild. He wouldn't have liked what I would have written anyway. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Brian,

    If you get the chance to read them, I would love to get your opinion on my interpretation of the the primary warning passages in Hebrews. Sounds like you and I have the same basic view.

    They can be found under this heading

    http://arminianperspectives.wordpress.com/category/warning-passages-in-hebrews/

    (Perseverance of the Saints Parts 5-11)

    God Bless and good luck on your dissertation!

    ReplyDelete