Thursday, October 8, 2009

Friedrich Bleek Books Added

I have just added the following Friedrich Bleek books to the electronic books listing:

Bleek, Friedrich. Der Brief an die Hebraer erlautert durch Einleitung, Uebersetzung, und fortlaufenden Commentar. Vol. 1. 1828.

Bleek, Friedrich. Der Brief an die Hebraer. Vol. 2 Part 1. 1836.

Bleek, Friedrich. Der Brief an die Hebraer. Vol. 2 Part 2. 1840.

Bleek, Friedrich. Der Hebraerbrief. Edited by Karl August Windrath. 1868.

I don't know how I missed them!

Also I added the following book a few days ago:

Huyghe, P. Carolo. Commentarius in Epistolam ad Hebraeos. 1901.

I am continually adding new resources as I come across them, so if you know of something that is missing, I would appreciate it if you would let me know.

5 comments:

  1. I love Hebrews and am happy to find your site, especially the title! Do you know if Bleek and Menegoz have been translated into English? I understand Alford relied on Bleek. If so, would it be as helpful to read Alford as Bleek? Thanks. Congratulations on the Heisman Trophy! Tom tomcat_17@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. To my knowledge, neither Bleek nor Menegoz has been translated into English. I have a rough translation of Menegoz' chapter on Christology as one of my posts. Bleek's commentary was perhaps the most important commentary on Hebrews in the first half of the 19th century, so it would not surprise me if Alford used Bleek. I am currently not at home to look at Alford to see if what you say is true. Of course Bleek's commentary is dated and is not referred to much anymore by scholars. Later scholars have probably gleaned all the useful insights that Bleek may have offered in his commentary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your reply. Sorry to be so long getting back to you. I have noticed Bleek referred to in Alford, I think. I'll plan to look at your translation of Menegoz. What is your specific focus in your dissertation? Thanks again. I don't know what all the "Comment As" stuff below means. I'm not very technological. That's why I selected "Anonymous." Tom

    ReplyDelete
  4. A cursory look at Alford suggest that Alford interacts with Bleek, but he interacts with other interpreters as well.

    My dissertation is on the characterization of Jesus in the book of Hebrews.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the Ph.D.! Tom

    ReplyDelete